Thursday 6 May 2010

Gerbera’s

We are reflected by our choices and preferences throughout life, I love this. Something as simple as a flower can tell you so much about the person who has selected it. I have always been attracted too Gerbera’s, I just never found out what they were called or that there were so many colours, designs and choices. I was given these yesterday, got them home and found I no longer own a vase, part of their beauty is in their stems, the thought of cutting them down so they’d fit into my drinking glass was abhorrent too me, this was my compromise lol

My preferences are the orange and red ones, can you tell?

Gerbera's Gerbera's Gerbera's

Barberton Daisy (Gerbera) Photobucket

Red Gerbera's Photobucket

*Loli-rot,pink gerbera,deviant art

A flower, the Barberton daisy (Gerbera jamesoni) was discovered in Barberton, Mpumalanga Province, South Africa (1889) by Robert Jameson.

Red flower made from felt, pink eyelash Gerbera by *Loli-rot.

No comments: